Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Thanks to Princess Monkey ...

While disspelling some myths over at myblahg
Princess Monkey thought I should start my own blog on progressive issues. Well, since I have been known to post quite a bit in places like slashdot and kuro5hin and I also like to go head to head with the neo-cons on the NDP bogs, I thought 'Why not'?

Thanks Princess!

So here I am. My hope is not to degrade into partisan, emotional name calling, but rather to tackle issues with logic and facts. I want to present cogent arguements with links to the relevant facts and let readers and other have intelligent debates. I find that is most effective when dealing with neo-cons and right wingers.

In other words, nothing like this:

If you guys weren't such wusses and actually played team sports when you were children - hackysack does NOT count - you would realize true competitors don't even flinch at blows like this. Focus, focus, focus. Watch the Lewis-Tyson fight, it may help you to understand. This eats up two news cycles, max., and isn't nearly enough to stop The Conservative Juggernaut.

Wake me up when Belinda The Homewrecker busts up the marriage of one of her New Liberal colleagues - if she can find a male heterosexual Liberal, that is ;-)


Also, its fun to watch them descend into madness when they can't argue back. Great fun.

Anyway, more to come later. Back to watching Mike Duffy try to embarrass Beleinda Stronach on Newsnet.

4 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heellloooo Mike: Great first post! And not just the part about me ;)
You'll find that it isn't really too difficult to find readers who keep the dialogue civil and respectful. Most of us want to trade ideas and debate points not perspectives (as I've said a dozen times). Robert at My Blahg writes very provoking posts, and I love him for it - but they do tend to attract the wingnuts and we deal with them there. That said, I applaude your committment to intelligent discussion. Now I gotta add ANOTHER blog to the long list that I read - but I'm happy to do it in this case.

As for Harper: I'm definitely no political strategist...but I don't think this is a good idea for the CPC (contrary to other very well-informed opinions). He's given his NF & L MP's some cover - but then he picks on Danny Williams? Not bright. Danny Williams is a saint right now in his province. The people won't appreciate that he was derrided for looking out for them. And the rest of Canada (like you say) like a lot of the NDP input into the budget - BECAUSE it does not lead to any deficit and improves many lives (I'm thinking affordable housing in particular). And this flip flop business is getting out of hand. Harper supports the budget (almost before it was done being read) then he's hell bent on toppling the gov't, now he supports it again - but only half - and by bringing about non confidence on the other half, he effectively cancels the part he voted for...What a friggin headache. As well, I don't think Martin could do anything that would (further) detract from his character than if he were to betray the good will of the NDP now. Whatever "political intelligence" that would indicate would be cancelled out by people seeing him as a REAL Benedict Whatever...Like I said, I'm no strategist, and most people aren't. It comes down to perception and that's mine.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Politicagrll said...

Hello and welcome to the ranks of folks keeping blogs. I quite enjoy blogging, and hopefully, you will like it too.
I've read a few days of what you are writing and it's interesting.
Keep it up!

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw your comments over at My Blahg and followed them here. Nice to see you've started your own blog!

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eliot Spitzer is progressive too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home