Tuesday, May 23, 2006

On holding a grudge.

Did anyone else notice that last weeks rushed Afghanistan vote, clearly meant to divide the Liberals and embarass the opposition in general, occured on the 1-year anniversary of Belinda Stronach's defection, which screwed Harper out of his non-confidence vote back then?

Merely an observation. I'm sure no-one in Stephen Harper's cabinet or staff noticed. I mean, given Harper's calm even handed approach to politics this past 100+ days, he certainly wouldn't do something like this for smugness or ironic satisfaction in a pique of anger.

I'm just noticing the strange coincidence of the date is all. I'm sure its nothing.

3 Comments:

At 2:14 AM, Blogger Candace said...

Yes, Mike, it probably WAS nothing.

Belinda's breech of conduct was repaid in full when she returned to the Opposition side of the House, IMHO.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Mike said...

He he he, yeah, but I was in a snarky mood when I wrote this. Perhaps it was just serendipity...

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger The Tiger said...

Possibly nothing. But if someone would think of something like that, it probably would be Stephen Harper. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home