Wednesday, November 14, 2007

On the Road to Vadodara...


Well, my posting will be more intermittent, sporadic and, perhaps, incoherent over the next few days. Despite the joy that watching the partisan battles on the blogsphere gives me (or not), I actually am a businessperson and I have to pay my bills. So, the client I currently work for is sending me, like Hope Lamour and Crosby to the right, on The Road to Vadodara, (India) to help them with their sub-contractor. I'll be heading out tomorrow (November 15th) on my 27 hour flight and I'll be returning on December 3. Luckily, India has a fairly decent internet infrastructure so I'll be able to post on occasion - perhaps a report, maybe a video or a flickr set.

But between now and perhaps Saturday (Ottawa time) I will be fighting jet lag, bad airport beer and liquor and recycled 767 air, so if I post or comment something that seems odd or even slack jawed insane, please forgive me.


View Larger Map

Vadodara is 10 1/2 hours ahead of Ottawa and the long term forecast is sunny and between 32C and 34C. So there is an upside to all this.

So keep in touch and try not to let the politicians screw the place up while I'm gone.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger JJ said...

Oh, that's so cool! Have a good (by that I mean "productive") time.

 
At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless you :) Just be careful of what you drink, get Bottled water only from big stores and only well known brand names, if you are not sure, stick to coke or Tender coconut. enjoy the food and beautiful citizens :)Carry a camera and you will finds tons of internet cafes and people who can speak some English everywhere.Cab drivers in India speak better English than the ones in Toronto.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Thanks jj and vijay.

Yeah, we've already been told to stick to the large brand names and coke from the can. I just bought a new Nikon Coolpix (with video and sound) just for the trip. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity for some photo and video blogging.

And I am certainly looking forward to the food - I love Indian food. I'd love to try the "beautiful citizens" too, but my wife and her lawyer don't think that is a good idea.

;)

I may try live blogging the trip, if I get enough internet connections.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger The Mound of Sound said...

Safe trip Mike

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Nastyboy said...

Dorothy Lamour was one hot piece back in the day.

Have fun, I've never been to the subcontinent.

Find out if they really eat chilled monkey brains. That scene in Temple of Doom traumatized me for life.

And don't try to tell me it tastes like chicken.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home