Friday, September 01, 2006

And I'm back...for now

Clearly I don't have a great handle on the "Live" part of "Live Blogging". Ah well, such is life, eh?

I got back late last night, after spending 6 hours trapped at O'Hare. I took a chance and arrived early to see if I gould get a 13:30 flight home instead of my sheduled 18:30 flight.

No luck.

At the very last minute, the entire 13:30 flight was cancelled. That meant everyone, standby and regular fares alike, had to be placed on other flights. Luckily I was still booked on the 18:30. Unluckily the wifi was dead yesterday so for 6 hours I had nothing to do but stare, sleep on the floor and listen to CNN broadcast from some unseen TV in the waiting area.

After finally arriving back in Ottawa, I discovered that my checked luggage had decided it like O'Hare and would nto be joining me for the cab ride home. Air Canada informed me today that they have found my bag, drunk at a bar with some of the other missing bags (about 1/2 my flight lost their bags) and will be sending back to Ottawa and to my home today. Good thing, because I will need a few days for laundry and then its back to the airport for another 3 days in Chicago next week.

Thank goodness Chicago is a nice city with nice people and my hotel is great, otherwise this travel stuff would truly suck.

Now my only fear is that my toddling 8-month-old will decide sometime next week to make me into a Harry Chapin lyric.

I'll try to get to some political stuff later if I can find the time. So what's been happening since I've been gone?

;)

5 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Alison said...

OK, I see your little wink there, but you have caught up on this by now, right?

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of an old Ghallager sketch....

Ticket girl - "how can I help you sir?"

Ghallager - "I'm going to Las Angeles, and I would like this bag to go to New York, and this one to go to Anchorage...."

Ticket girl - "I'm sorry sir, we can't do that.."

Ghallager - "YOU DID IT YESTERDAY !!!!"

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger John Murney said...

Welcome back!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Only temporary John...I faly back at 4:45 this evening for 3 more days of fun and sun...

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Nastyboy said...

I love Chicago, but the heat this time of year is just too much for this northern prairie boy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home